******Due to COVID-19 restrictions could apply depending on local, state and federal requirements***
Private investigations allow you to investigate the museum with your group, and greatly reduces the chance of contaminated evidence by controlling who’s investigating, when and where. This is by far the best way to investigate.
You must verify the date(s) you would like for your private investigation are available.Private investigations require a minimum of 10 people and anything over 10 people will require $42 per person. 10 people works out to $420, however you do not need 10 people, the minimum for a public investigation would be $370 either way.A non refundable deposit of $150 is required to hold your date, with the remainder of the $270 (Total of $420 for 10 minimum) due 2 weeks prior to your investigation date. Failure to pay 2 weeks prior to your date, will result in the loss of your deposit, unless other arrangements were made or a cancellation by The Old Mill Museum Staff.A list of all the people coming, and the contact info for the group and person reserving the investigation are required. The person reserving must provide us with their name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We will use this information only to contact you in the event of a cancellation or similar issue.
Private Investigation Information:
- Investigations are Friday Nights. We can do an occasional weeknight, but we can NOT do Saturday Nights.
- Here is the time frame the investigation runs:
- Doors Open about 7pm. You can get there earlier, take pictures of the building, river etc.
- Registration is 7:30-8pm (Once everyone is there)
- Tour is 8pm (Once registered) The tour consists of history and evidence. If requested, we can skip the tour, saving you time.
- At 4am the doors are locked, everyone returns home for some much needed sleep.
- There are refreshments, water and coffee served all night free. If you have a drink or snack you’d like, you’re free to bring it but all food/drinks must stay in the Busz Room and all messes cleaned up by you and/or your team.
- Our volunteer group Spirit World Paranormal Investigations (SWPI) will be there to assist, and in many cases a representative from the museum may be there part of the time. We encourage any gift shop sales, shirts etc while the museum representative is there.
- Equipment is NOT provided – however sometimes SWPI members have equipment, just ask.
- This is a self guided investigation, we will not direct you to areas, there are no rotation times etc. You’re free to investigate anywhere not roped off or locked. Anyone caught in displays that are roped off, or in areas that are not allowed, will be asked to leave, and the person and/or team will no longer be allowed back. This is an active museum, we must respect the displays, items etc.
- If you’re there before 8pm, you can start setting up equipment to save you time during your investigation. You can also check out the museum.
Private Investigations Instructions:
Contact us at email@example.com with the list of dates you’re interested in, and the order you’d like them and we’ll get back to you! Once a date is verified, you’ll be e-mailed with instructions on payment.
If you’ve already verified a date is available, and you just need to pay:
Please choose whether you’re making a deposit, paying in full, or making a remaining payment.If you’ll have more than 10 people, add an additional ticket for each person over 10.
Be sure to add your investigation date in the comments field at checkout!
To purchase tickets you must register, this allows you to check your purchase history, download tickets again later should you lose them etc.All ticket sales, deposits and payments are final and non refundable. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule at any time. In the event we have to cancel, we will give you the choice of rescheduling at a different date, or a full refund. 18 and older only. No alcohol on premises, no exceptions! No smoking in the building! Must read and understand all rules, anyone caught breaking the rules will be asked to leave, without a refund.
|Private Investigation Deposit||$150|
|Private Investigation - Remaining Balance||$270|
|Private Investigation Full Payment - 10 people||$420|
|Add Additional Person - 1 Per Person||$42|
All ticket sales, deposits and payments are final and non refundable. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule at any time. In the event we have to cancel, we will give you the choice of rescheduling at a different date, or a full refund. 18 and older only. No alcohol on premises, no exceptions! No smoking in the building! Must read and understand all rules, anyone caught breaking the rules will be asked to leave, without a refund.